Monday, October 11, 2010

A Shower of Blessings...

A few weeks back, I posted 2 tutorials related to a baby shower a couple of us threw for our dear friend, Emily. She is having a boy. We kept it simple and even made the food ourselves {OK, Suzi made most of the food as that is where her giftedness is ~ she is a gourmet goddess in my eyes ;)}. I made the decor and Denise made sure we had the clubhouse secured and helped us both with the set-up. So fun!

Here are some follow-up pictures related to this post , "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star...Do You Know How Loved You Are?" Here are the altered canvases I made with sweet Noah's monogram and nursery colors...






Pin It


Here are the vase wraps and "B-a-b-y B-o-y Lollipops" in the vases with greenery...









Special thanks to my sister, Kathi, for letting me borrow her tiered server. It was originally gold as she bought it in the 90s, but I sprayed it Titanium Silver for her and for the shower, just wrapped blue ribbon around it and added the white bow. The tablecloths were queen size Ralph Lauren bed sheets in chambray and chambray and white stripe that hubby had on hand from his bachelor days. They look fresh ironed on on the tables. All of the serving pieces were items Suzi and I had on hand. Blue plates were from my wedding so of course, they work for a boy's baby shower. :)

We had a yard sign printed for the entrance to the clubhouse on the left side...



And on the right side, "Lollipops" that spell out Noah's name with scripture stickers on the bottom of each letter...



Vases that were on the drink table holding lemons and sweetener for the coffee spelling out "b-a-b-y". I also had 2 square candles infront of the centerpiece on the food table with the same design but on blue vellum and they spelled, "n-o-a-h".



I found this idea out in blogland on How Does She. The guest blogger is Heidi and the Tutorial is featured on this link. These paper pom-poms are made from mini and standard cupcake liners. They reminded me of some of the lamps at IKEA and Anthropologie...



Here is one pictured here:


and another one pictured here:


Thanks for spending time with me reminiscing about the shower and fun DIY projects. All photos, unless linked elsewhere, are mine. I don't mind you linking or referencing to them, but please give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Remember, keep it simple, keep it crafty, keep it lovely, and keep it fun!

4 comments:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Kimberly! Im coming from BlogFrog--thanks for commenting on my forum post. Now Ive found your totally cute blog! I love the baby shower ideas; very creative. Im following along now, so I look forward to getting to know you through our blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Carrie, for your kind words. I look forward to getting to knowing you through your blog, too.

    XO,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I still love all these ideas! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jess! I'm still following your creativity, too.

    XO,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and I read every single one. Comments are moderated in order to prevent Spam. Thank you for spending time on my blog. XO ~Kimberly